Spainsif is a nonprofit organization established by entities interested in promoting Socially Responsible Investing in Spain, creating a platform in which financial and management entities, SRI Service providers, nonprofit organizations linked to SRI and trade unions are integrated, currently composed of 58 associates.
The association aims to be a meeting and reference platform to generate and disseminate knowledge on Socially Responsible Investing (SRI from now on), as well as to raise awareness and drive changes in the investment processes in the investment community, the Public Administration, companies and the citizenship in general.
With the SPAINSIF – FORO ESPAÑOL DE INVERSIÓN SOCIALMENTE RESPONSABLE denomination, IT IS ESTABLISHED, on June 10, 2009, a nonprofit Association, with its own legal personality and full capacity to act, under the Organic Law 1/2002, of March 22, regulating the right of Association and other complementary provisions, which will be governed by the company’s by-laws and, in the unforeseen, by the aforementioned law.
Spainsif is established with 32 founding entities, interested in promoting Socially Responsible Investing in Spain, creating a platform in which financial and management entities, SRI Service providers, nonprofit organizations linked to SRI and trade unions are integrated. Founding members:
- Section 1, Financial Entities: Bancaja, Banco Popular, BBK, BBVA, Caja Burgos, Caja Navarra, CECA y Triodos Bank.
- Section 2, Management Entities: CASER, Credit Agricole Asset Managment, Fonditel, Gestión de Previsión y Pensiones, Ibercaja Gestión, Pictet ,Santander
- Asset Management y Sarasin Alén.
- Section 3, SRI Service providers: Sustainalytics, ESADE, Instituto de Empresa, Novaster, UNED y Vigeo.
- Section 4, Nonprofit organizations linked to SRI: AECA, AERI, FETS, Forética, Economistas sin Fronteras, FIARE, Fundación Ecología y Desarrollo, y CREAS
- Section 5, Trade unions: CCOO y UGT
In order to achieve its objectives, the association will have the following lines of action:
SRI promotion to generate demand and supply in Spain.
Transmission of a plural and independent vision on the different matters that affect the SRI promotion in Spain.
Elaboration of a strategic plan with three-years objectives and annual review for the SRI promotion in Spain.